Your campaigns have become increasingly more complex with the growth of digital projects. As the work grows increasingly more technical, integrated and sophisticated, your clients are continually looking for ways to cut costs and get more for less.
How can you ensure that your company maintains its profitability while keeping your clients happy?
Producing brilliant work is certainly a key element to success. However, no matter how great the work, if your projects continually go off-track, your clients will be unhappy and your profits will shrink. This is particularly true with digital projects.
Project Management has been used to successfully address these issues in many agencies. A solid foundation in the principles of project management will keep your agency projects on track and on time. It promotes teamwork, improves communication, reduces costs and stress, and ensures that appropriate project elements are properly identified, monitored, and measured. Project Management skills will serve as your safety net in this high-wire industry.
In this fast-paced, application-intensive one-day workshop, you will review agency-tested project management techniques, tips, and approaches that will help to ensure a project’s success.
These will include:
• The two most frequent causes of digital project problems and what you can do about them
• How to manage project changes in a way that maintains margins while keeping clients happy
• The critical secret to getting the attention and support of the executives whose support you’ll need to be successful
• How to prevent team members from missing deliverable commitments
• How to keep project changes/unidentified project constraints from throwing you off schedule and killing your profit margin
In addition to a comprehensive reference guide for further use in your agency operations, you will receive electronic copies of all project management templates, and other useful project management tools discussed during workshop. You will also complete an agency assessment that summarizes where your organization is relative to current state of project management best practice utilization.
The workshop will cover the eight keys for successful agency project management:
1. Project Definition: Get everyone focused on the same project outcome
2. Team/Stakeholder Identification: Make sure that all the right people are involved
3. Plans, Schedules and Budgets: Determine that all actions are accounted for in the plan
4. Hand-off Management: Prevent key actions and deliverables from “falling through the cracks”
5. Measurement: Track against internal and external customer requirements
6. Communication and Change Management: Ensure that project stakeholders are kept in the loop, and that project changes are managed effectively and profitably
7. Risk Management: See that project-threatening risks are prevented or managed effectively
8. Team Performance Management: Set individuals and teams up for success rather than failure.
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for agency professionals (with or without the title of “project manager”) who work on and manage projects. It is also intended for agency executives responsible for securing performance development solutions around delivery competency.
About the Seminar Leaders
Dave Po-Chedley has been actively involved in project management for over 30 years. During this time, he has worked on and managed projects, and helped others to manage projects effectively through consulting and training. He is a Principal at Cambridge Consulting, a firm dedicated to enhancing project effectiveness for clients around the world. Dave has extensive experience with project management in the context of advertising agencies through his work with clients such as Ogilvy & Mather, Havas Media, Eric Mower, Big Fuel, MRM and Euro RSCG. Certified as a Project Management Professional (PMP) by PMI® (The Project Management Institute), Dave is a faculty member for the PMI Seminars World program. He has delivered numerous presentations at PMI international, regional, and local conferences.
Mina Seetharaman will co-facilitate the workshop. Mina is currently the Executive Program Director for the Ogilvy Advanced Video Practice and leads Ogilvy’s Project Management training initiatives in North America.
8:30 AM Registration and Continental Breakfast (included in registration fee)
9:00 AM Seminar begins
12–1 PM Lunch (included in registration fee)
4:30 PM Seminar concludes (approximately)
Download Program Agenda
1065 Avenue of the Americas
(Enter at either 111 W 40th Street or 110 W 41st Street)
New York, NY 10018
Registration is open to 4A's members and non 4A's members.
$325 per person, 4A's members
$425 per person, Non 4A's members
Excluding a $25 processing fee, refunds will be granted only if requests for cancellation are received by 4A’s in writing by Wednesday, April 3, 2013. No refunds will be allowed after this date; substitutions will be allowed provided arrangements are made with 4A’s.
Logistics/Registration: Contact Cecilia Graham at 212-850-0756 or email@example.com
Programming: Contact Bob Linden at 212-850-0750 or firstname.lastname@example.org