In this hands-on workshop, you’ll learn both strategy development basics and some new tricks. Some of the things you will learn in this workshop include:
- The differences between objective, strategy, “big idea,” executional idea and tactic. And why knowing the differences is important
- Why your client’s brief is almost always wrong and how to make it right
- How to sound even smarter than you are and talk the talk when you’re talking strategy
- How digital strategy is different and how it’s the same
- What a creative brief is not
- Why an uncreative strategy sometimes leads to the best creative solution
- Strategic alignment—what it is and how to make it work for you
- Five questions you need to ask before writing a brief
- Six questions you need to ask before starting a new business pitch.
8:30 AM Registration and Continental Breakfast (included in registration fee)
9:00 AM Workshop begins
12–1 PM Lunch (included in registration fee)
4:30 PM Workshop adjourns
Download Program Agenda
1065 Avenue of the Americas, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10018
(Enter at either 111 W 40th Street or 110 W 41st Street)
Registration is open to both 4A's members and non 4A's members.
$325 per person, 4A’s members
$425 per person, non 4A’s members
Excluding a $25 processing fee, refunds will be granted only if requests for cancellation are received by 4A’s in writing by Thursday, May 2, 2013. No refunds will be allowed after this date. Substitutions will be allowed provided arrangements are made with 4A's.
Logistics/Registration: Contact Cecilia Graham at 212-850-0756 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Programming: Contact Bob Linden at 212-850-0750 or email@example.com