How to Sell Creative Work to Clients
When: October 23, 2012 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM EDT
Presenting creative work to clients or prospects is not as much about presentation skills as it about selling skills. Clients need to be transformed from “creative evaluators” to “creative champions.” If your clients are discussing the color and font, they are still in creative evaluator mode and this workshop will help you to turn clients into champions of your creative work instead of killers of great ideas.
This all day workshop, conducted by Brian Schnurman of Filament, Inc., explores how to turn creative staff from presenters of work to proponents of work, and how to sell the big idea instead of the details.
Topics to be covered include:
- Getting clients excited about the creative (both traditional and digital), so they are willing to take a risk
- Helping clients understand the role of digital and viral campaigns
- Creating more “theater of the mind” through set up, and physical delivery of concepts
- Establishing your credibility with the client
- Presenting ideas with greater impact, clarity and focus
- Helping all types of clients understand and personally relate to the creative
- Becoming more persuasive
- Projecting enthusiasm for all work (not just their own work)
- Holding the listener’s attention and become more engaging
- Handling difficult client objections and questions without becoming defensive
- Presenting effectively as a team.
8:30 AM Registration and Continental Breakfast (included in registration fee)
9:00 AM Seminar Begins
12–1 PM Lunch (included in registration fee)
4:30 PM Seminar Concludes (approximately)
Crummer Graduate School of Business
1000 Holt Avenue, Winter Park, FL 32789-4499
On campus parking for guests is very limited. Use of the College's Parking Garage (Lyman and Park Avenue) is required.
Registration is open to both 4A's members and non 4A's members.
$250 per person, 4A's Member
$350 per person, Non 4A's Member
Excluding a $25 processing fee, refunds will be granted only if requests are received by 4A’s in writing by Tuesday, October 16, 2012. No refunds will be allowed after this date; substitutions will be allowed provided arrangements are made with 4A’s.
Logistics/Registration: Contact Cecilia Graham at 212-850-0756 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Programming: Contact Bob Linden at 212-850-0750 or email@example.com