Most agency people constantly have to get things done by working with people who don’t report to them. Whether those other people are in other agency disciplines, in the client’s organization, or even in the client’s other partner shops, simply demanding or even nicely requesting what you need doesn’t always work. Instead, we must foster relationships that make people want to help us.
And in addition to managing all those sideways relationships, people have to be able to skillfully manage their relationships with their supervisors, department heads and other agency honchos. The work of these senior people is often so complex that it’s hard to get their attention – or to communicate with them skillfully in the brief time they have for internal one-on-one conversations.
In this webinar, Sheila Campbell, Wild Blue Yonder, will review specific actions you can take to inform, motivate, inspire and direct other people when you have no formal authority. Sheila will explore:
- How to develop a relationship of mutual advantage with people who don’t report to you
- Pitfalls to avoid in working with people who hold the power to make things happen…or not
- How to examine your own actions to check for inadvertent insensitivity to others’ need
- When to take issues up the line for resolution, and how to do that when absolutely necessary
- What agency senior executives most appreciate from their direct reports and others who don’t report to them
- How to find a mentor
- How to communicate effectively with senior management.
What You Can Expect from this Webinar:
Participants will learn to think before acting, making sure that the way they interact with peers or up the ladder is productive. They’ll have specific skills to help them develop and maintain these relationships over time, and they’ll know how to identify trouble spots long before they become serious problems.
About Your Webinar Leader:
Sheila Campbell is president of Wild Blue Yonder, a consulting firm based in Washington, DC. She conducts training sessions in managing client relationships, leading integrated accounts, presentation skills and creative thinking. Before starting Wild Blue Yonder, Sheila spent her career in account management and was one of the owners of Bethesda, MD agency based Rosenthal, Greene and Campbell.
Single Registrant: $129
Full Conference Room: $349*
Unlimited Individual Access for the Agency: $999**
Single Registration: $229
Full Conference Room: $699*
Unlimited Access for the Company: $1499**
* Full Conference Room provides one link to use in a Conference Room. No limitation on number of viewers.
** Unlimited Access gives each employee the chance to view the webinar from his or her own computer. A special link will be sent to one person that can then be forwarded to the rest of the agency. At the conclusion of the webinar, a link to the recorded webinar will be sent to the agency or company that signed up for the Unlimited Access option. This link is available for 2 weeks.
A cancellation fee of $25 will be applied to any cancellation.
Please contact email@example.com | 212-850-0750