We often hear that great ideas can come from anywhere: from anywhere in an agency, from anywhere at the client, even from anywhere across multiple agencies. Because strategic planners are focused on helping teams turn existing knowledge into insight, they are a natural catalyst for generating creative new ideas.
However, planners aren't always trained to get the best out of collaborative brainstorming, often being left to "learn on the job."
On April 9, join renowned account planner Merry Baskin for this full-day workshop to learn how to lead genuinely exciting and effective brainstorming and ideation sessions, for problem-solving, new-product development, and strategy development, across a range of team based scenarios.Using well-run brainstorming sessions and workshops participants will learn to:
• Generate new thinking
• (Re)motivate agency/client teams
• Trigger a new direction or course of action.
Seminar attendees will receive theoretical and practical training and take part in:
• Planning a brainstorm
• Gaining the confidence of the group and accepting responsibility as facilitator
• Enabling an environment where people are able to unlock their creative potential
• Practicing techniques for eliciting and generating ideas in quantity
• Achieving a motivated team aligned around their ideas and agreed actions.
Many of the techniques can be applied to qualitative research i.e., focus group moderation.
About Our Seminar Leader
What to Bring With You
Attendees are asked to come armed with a:
• Personal brainstorming "problem" (e.g., how can I get him to propose?)
• Business problem (e.g., how can I get my grey, safe financial services client to buy better, bolder creative ideas?).
Who Should Attend
This workshop is designed for mid-level strategists and planners at advertising and media companies of all kinds.
How to Register Online
Go to www.aaaa.org.
1) Login to the 4A’s Web site using your company email address
2) If you do not have an account on the 4A’s Web site, create an account using your company email address
3) Click the “Events” link then “All Upcoming Events” on the 4A’s homepage
4) Locate desired event and register.
8:30 AM Registration and Continental Breakfast (included in registration fee)
9:00 AM Workshop begins
12–1 PM Lunch (included in registration fee)
4:30 PM Workshop adjourns
1065 Avenue of the Americas, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10018
(Enter at either 111 W 40th Street or 110 W 41st Street)
Registration is open to both 4A's members and non 4A's members.
$325 per person, 4A’s members
$425 per person, non 4A’s members
Excluding a $25 processing fee, refunds will be granted only if requests for cancellation are received by 4A’s in writing by Wednesday, April 2, 2014. No refunds will be allowed after this date. Substitutions will be allowed provided arrangements are made with 4A's.
Logistics/Registration: Contact Cecilia Graham at 212-850-0756 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Programming: Contact Bob Linden at 212-850-0750 or email@example.com