In this hands-on workshop, you’ll learn both strategy development basics and some new tricks. Some of the things you will learn in this workshop include:
- The differences between objective, strategy, “big idea,” executional idea and tactic. And why knowing the differences is important
- Why your client’s brief is almost always wrong and how to make it right
- How to sound even smarter than you are and talk the talk when you’re talking strategy
- How digital strategy is different and how it’s the same
- What a creative brief is not
- Why an uncreative strategy sometimes leads to the best creative solution
- Strategic alignment—what it is and how to make it work for you
- Five questions you need to ask before writing a brief
- Six questions you need to ask before starting a new business pitch.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is designed for mid-and-higher-level account managers at marketing communication firms of all types who have clients that want them to think more strategically.
About Our Seminar Leader
Robin Hafitz was one of the first American practitioners of Account Planning. She has been at the forefront of the evolving brand strategy discipline, beginning with her work as part of Chiat/Day's famously winning Account Planning team to running the Planning-centric creative boutique Mad Dogs & Englishmen to her current role as CEO/Co-Chair of Open Mind Strategy.
8:30 AM Registration and Continental Breakfast (included in registration fee)
9:00 AM Workshop begins
12–1 PM Lunch (included in registration fee)
4:30 PM Workshop adjourns
Download Program Agenda
The Richards Group
8750 North Central Expressway
Conference Ceber, Suite 780
Dallas, TX 75231-6430
Onsite contact: Dennis D'Amico
Registration is open to both 4A's members and non 4A's members.
$275 per person, 4A’s members
$325 per person, AAF Dallas members
$375 per person, non 4A’s members
Excluding a $25 processing fee, refunds will be granted only if requests for cancellation are received by 4A’s in writing by Tuesday, September 3, 2013. No refunds will be allowed after this date. Substitutions will be allowed provided arrangements are made with 4A's.
Logistics/Registration: Contact Cecilia Graham at 212-850-0756 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Programming: Contact Bob Linden at 212-850-0750 or email@example.com