To register for a 4A's event you must create an account with us.
Connect with us. email@example.com OR call: 212-682-2500.
Transform your team. Grow your agency. Retain more clients.
Account management is a lot more complicated these days than in the past. Today’s clients don’t want high-paid account management teams that just manage projects –– they’d rather pay for smart people who can have a strategic impact on their business as a whole. And age or seniority doesn’t matter to them.
For agencies that understand this new breed of client, this era of marketing promises to be both challenging and rewarding. But for agencies that don’t, the new world order looks grim.
High Gear is a one-day workshop that takes a fresh look at account management, introducing new ideas, techniques, and skills. The program will show you the changing role of account management in the business world today, as well as how to move from tactics to strategy, how to set price and value for what you offer, and how to negotiate. It will show you how to move your account management team from just being bag carriers to becoming true strategic partners.
Now is the time to get on the right side of all these changes. High Gear isn’t about looking at old problems from the same angle. It ia about new ideas and new ways of looking at things, to improve your agency’s performance with clients.
• Think Right! - A look at the current client relationship with the firm, and the account management skills that encourage long-term retention.
• Profile Right! - Profiling allows Account Managers to see how clients will react in most normal working situations. Learn how to conduct more effective meetings, share bad news, and resolve most client issues.
• Program Right! - Client retention is increased when there is a long-running program in place. Uncover the hidden skill of building programs.
• Present Right! - Client retention is increased when the firm’s work gets accepted the first time. Learn how to present in a way that gets to “yes” more often.
• Negotiate Right! - In this business, marketing firms never get paid what they are worth. Firms only get paid what they negotiate. And sometimes, it’s not only about the money.
• Price Right! - The ability to bring work in at a price that matches a client’s expectations is important to long-term retention and profitability. Uncover the real budget numbers, and find out just how much money you’re leaving on the table.
• Grow Right! - Organic growth is the most profitable way to grow your firm and to stimulate interactions with your current clients. Learn why trying to sell more of the same will cost you your client.
END-OF-DAY BONUS ROUND
Charm Right! - Tips and procedures to help the socially unfamiliar Account Manager succeed. Ways for the socially adept Account Manager to be more charming. At virtually all the agencies we’ve trained in this program, this section is the one that causes almost every young client-service type to whisper a quiet “thank you!”
Who Should Attend
All members of the account staff, from junior level to group account directors, will benefit greatly from attending High Gear. Additionally, anyone who works on a regular basis with clients (creative, design, media, planning, production and ancillary services such as PR and interactive) will find the High Gear training invaluable. Change the way you work with clients. Be more strategic. Create happier clients!
What You Can Expect
Hands-on client profiling & retention workshop • Fresh look at the role and responsibilities of account management • Changing role of account management • Understanding the client world • Moving from tactics to strategy • Selling the work • Shifting programs to campaigns • Setting price and value for what you offer • Negotiate • Improve your team’s social skills. • Transformative organic growth
Session is supported with a 120-page High Gear Training manual.
About Your Seminar Leader
Bob Sanders, president of Sanders Consulting Group, directs all program and practice development and consults with many agencies on major new business presentations and developing client retention programs. Bob’s experience includes extensive long-term consulting and service engagements with many multinational agencies around the world, such as FCB, Leo Burnett, Y&R and JWT; national agencies such as MARC USA and Lawrence & Schiller; regional agencies such as Sullivan, Higdon & Sink, The Star Group and Crosby Marketing Communications; and a wide range of specialized agencies and design and consulting organizations such as Buzzhoney, Genedge and Golin Public Relations.
8:30 AM Registration and Continental Breakfast (included in registration fee)
9:00 AM Workshop begins
Noon – 1 PM Lunch (included in registration fee)
4:30 PM Workshop adjourns (approximately)
Download Program Agenda
1065 Avenue of the Americas
5 Bryant Park, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10018
(Enter at 111 W 40th Street)
Registration is open to both 4A's members and non 4A's members.
$350 per person, 4A's members
$450 per person, non 4A's members
Excluding a $25 processing fee, refunds will be granted only if requests for cancellation are received by 4A’s in writing by Thursday, February 26, 2015. No refunds will be allowed after this date; substitutions will be allowed provided arrangements are made with 4A’s.
Logistics/Registration: Contact Cecilia Graham at 212-850-0756 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Programming: Contact Bob Linden at 212-850-0750 or email@example.com