To register for a 4A's event you must create an account with us.
Connect with us. email@example.com OR call: 212-682-2500.
With the explosion of channel choices and ever-increasing demands on consumers’ time and attention, agencies need extremely intelligent strategies to help their clients succeed. This is made all the more challenging by the product-centric nature of clients. Since intimate knowledge of their products or services makes it harder for clients to focus on who may actually want to buy, agency talent must serve as the effective and strategic voice of the consumer.
On October 15, join Nancie Ruder, CEO, Noetic Consulting as she provides much needed help for junior and mid-level account managers and junior planners to develop and hone these strategic skills. This is what clients need, and also demand, given the intensifying nature of the marketplace.
This session will teach powerful aspects of marketing strategy that enable account managers and planners to set themselves up for success, including:
- A strategic framework that is the foundation of all marketing initiatives, and best in-class examples of initiatives that use this framework
- Clarification of the definition and role of various oft-used (but even more often misunderstood) terms, such as Marketing Objective, Consumer Insight, Big Idea, Strategy and Tactics
- Practical guidance for thorny strategic challenges such as:
* Understanding your consumer: where to start, what truly matters
* How to distinguish an interesting fact from a true insight
* How to know if a brief is strong or weak––and if it is weak, how to strengthen it
* Determining what SHOULD go in the brief versus all the things that COULD go in the brief
* Understanding strategic alignment: why it is critically important and how to achieve it
* Approaching channel selection strategically with the consumer in mind (versus leading with the channel).
Tools and Skills Attendees Will Walk Away With
- The “4 Why’s” tool for creating powerful insights
- The ability to identify a weak brief––and the skills to strengthen it
- A strategic map that ensures strategic alignment
- Understanding and mastery of strategy vocabulary
- The ability to develop a powerful objective
- The ability to help clients gain a strategy that will set them up for success (even if the strategy they currently have in mind will not)
- A tangible understanding of how to put strategy tools in practice, via hands-on practice and feedback.
Who Should Attend This Training
Junior to mid-level account managers and planners who are tasked with creating marketing strategies for their clients, and whose clients expect this kind of skillset from them.
About Your Seminar Leader
Nancie Ruder is Founder and CEO of Noetic Consulting, a marketing and advertising consultancy based in Washington, DC. Noetic partners with Fortune 500 clients, nonprofits and agencies to provide training, strategic brand positioning, marketing process development and general marketing consulting.
Nancie began her career in advertising at the Leo Burnett Company, where she spent 10 years progressively mastering Account Management, Planning and New Business. Nancie brings this experience, along with her 13 years of Noetic leadership, to her interactive and engaging training style and techniques, her frequent speaking engagements and her teaching at Georgetown University as an adjunct Professor of Strategy.
8:30 AM Registration and Continental Breakfast (included in registration fee)
9:00 AM Seminar Begins
Noon – 1:00 PM Lunch (included in registration fee)
4:30 PM Seminar Concludes (approximately)
875 N. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
Colleen Parker | firstname.lastname@example.org
D#312-425-5227 | M#763-742-2532
4A's Onsite Contact
Laurie Stearn, email@example.com
Registration is open to both 4A's members and non 4A's members.
$325 per person, 4A's members
$425 per person, non 4A's members
How to Register
1. Login or create an account at the 4A’s Web site, www.aaaa.org.
2. On the homepage, click the “Events” link, then click on “All Upcoming Events.”
3. Locate desired event and register.
Refunds, excluding a $25 processing fee, will be granted only if requests are received by 4A’s in writing by Thursday, October 8, 2015. No refunds will be allowed after this date; substitutions will be allowed provided arrangements are made with 4A’s.
Contact Cecilia Graham at 212-850-0756 or firstname.lastname@example.org